Attendees: Jennifer Hall, Cheryl Lyons, Laurie Solum, Joy Jorgensen, Louann Friedland
Absent: Laurel Busse, Rick DeBellis, Rose Lacey, Mark Hammerschmith, Elizabeth Grubb, Donetta Sheffold
Call to Order at 1:00 PM - Jennifer
March Community Building/Mentoring Meeting – Laurie Solum
- This two-hour professional development activity is on track to happen 3/18, 9:00-11:00 in the Journey Room in the Memorial Union.
- Speakers are lined up, will be free for members and $5.00 for nonmembers.
- RSVP’s will go to Joy – she will collect any money sent.
- There is a 60 people limit.
- Note that this is in addition to the March meeting which is already planned.
- The Board decided that there should be a Continental breakfast served at the event.
ACTION: Cheryl will make sure that it gets on the website, an email is sent out and OSU Today has a notice. She will also make sure that AOP and TRIAD Club members are invited. She will also check with Jodie Nelson of Student Affairs.
ACTION: Laurie will send the blurb to Cheryl for the event.
Board Elections for 2008-2009 - Jennifer
- This process needs to begin now. It was suggested by the Board that Susan Dobie chair this process this year.
ACTION: Jennifer will email Susan Dobie.
Our Heros Award Status/Update – Jennifer for Laurel
- Jennifer reports that we need nominations for the “Our Heros” Awards as soon possible and asks the Board to please participate.
ACTION: Cheryl Lyons reported that she has a potential candidate and she will follow up.
Board Member Reports
Report – President – Jennifer – Nothing additional today.
Report – Marketing – Cheryl – she asks that people give her Newsletter items. The Boards brainstormed for a bit and came up with the following suggestions for items that could be included:
- An article regarding upcoming elections
- “Our Heros” article
- Mentor Workshop
- Special meetings such as the “Business Center Update” in May
- Karol Murphy Award
ACTION: Rick and Rose should get information to Cheryl on this Award by February 18th.
Report – Secretary – Louann – Minutes were approved. Process matrix forms are coming in.
Report – Treasurer – Joy – finances almost the same as last time
- Treasurer’s Report as of January 31st 2008. Total YTD: Income - $10,148.76 and Expenses - $6,472.74.
- Joy reported that the money finally got to Steve Hanamura from the different OSU organizations.
- The Board discussed and agreed that in the future, we should handle group financial participant differently that we did with Joy’s group.