Attendance: Laurel Busse, Jennifer Hall, Laurie Solum, Sheri Woods, Dawn Eastlick, Cheryl Lyons, Prudence Miles, Keahi McFadden, Donetta Sheffold, Rose Lacey Absent: Jo Dee Bernal, Kelly Kozisek
- Call to order at 1:00 p.m. - Laurel
Approval of minutes and discussion of future process for approval and distribution of minutes - Keahi
Meeting minutes will be sent to the Board within 5 working days of when the meeting is held. The Board will be given 5 days to respond with revisions and corrections which will be sent to all Board members preventing duplication of changes. Revisions will be made within 2-3 days after this period. Once the revised minutes are sent to the Board an approval period of one day will be given. A quorum of 4 or more voting Board members is needed for approval of the minutes. Rose Lacey made a motion to accept this change in procedure for the meeting minutes. Prudence Miles seconded the motion. The Board approved the change.
Resignation of Marketing Director and discussion of replacement
Jean-Luc Devis resigned as Marketing Director due to relocation out of state. Dawn Eastlick of Rangeland Resources accepted the position and will take over these duties from Jean-Luc beginning September 2006.
Changes to the bylaws were made by the Board. Prudence Miles made a motion to accept the changes and Jennifer Hall seconded the motion. Approval of these changes will be presented to the PFLA membership in October with a November approval deadline.
Karel Murphy Award update - Laurel
Rose Lacey is working on the guidelines for the award giving a historical background and perspective process. A clock with an inscription and a check will be given to Kim McAlexander of Health & Human Sciences this year's award winner. Jennifer Hall will get a letter from Becky Johnson and Laurie Solum is getting the check ready for the recipient.
Membership Drive - Cheryl
Approximately 40 members have signed up for PFLA. Most of these members are renewals. There have been a few members registered from the new employee letter.
University Day plans
All members registered and paid by September 21, 2006 will be eligible for the prize drawing from PFLA. Several prizes have been donated which include: 1) One night spa stay at Salbasgeon Suite, 2) Two night stay at Salbasgeon Inn - Reedsport, 3) Pair of Football Tickets to the Sept. 23rd game against Idaho 4) HP Deskjet Color Printer and 5) Fax machine.
- Action - Board members need to locate the PFLA banner used at last year's University Day.
- Action - Rose will get a quote for a pen or pencil to be given away.
- Action - Jennifer and Prudence will prepare a flyer showing the schedule of professional development opportunities and monthly meeting topics.
- Action - Cheryl will have membership forms available at the booth.
Training Day plans
This item will be discussed at October meeting.
- President's reception update - Donetta Carol Mason, President's Office, has been asked to prepare 100 invitations for the President's reception on Nov. 29th. Everyone will be asked to RSVP for the event and this will allow Carol to have the necessary information required for catering and set-up.
- Laurel Busse, President-Mark Peterson will interview Laurel regarding PFLA for an upcoming article in OSU Today. This will give the group additional exposure to campus.
- Jennifer Hall, President Elect
- JoDee Bernal, Past President
- Cheryl Lyons, Membership
- Keahi McFadden, Secretary
- Prudence Miles, Professional Development
- Laurie Solum, Treasurer-A Treasurer's report will be sent to the Board via email.
- Sheri Woods, Web Services Director-The newsletter and meeting minutes have been updated on the website.
- Jean-Luc Devis, Marketing
- Kelly Kozisek, Member-at-Large
- Rose Lacey, Member-at-Large
- Donetta Sheffold, Member-at-Large
- Laurel, Donetta and Rose will work on administrative guidelines for PFLA.
- 1st PFLA newsletter for FY07 goes out in mid-September. Send information to Dawn.
- Our Hero nominations are sent to Jo Dee Bernal.